As we enter the holiday season, you might be thinking about booking some time away.
At STEPS we understand how important a break can be, particularly for those who provide care for a loved one. This is one of the reasons why we have an ‘Active Respite’ package, allowing time for carers to take a holiday, safe in the knowledge their loved one is still receiving the best possible care in a state-of-the-art facility.
What to expect
The ‘Active Respite’ package is ideal for people living with a long-term condition or following major surgery, a flare-up of a chronic illness or an oncology treatment.
It offers clients and their carers a break from their usual routine, whilst providing a therapeutic approach to daily living.
Our experienced team of therapists and nurses will complete assessments and work with you to ensure that the approach is maintained throughout all interventions to maximise independence during your stay. This can then be continued once you return home.
All care package prices include:
- All costs associated with accommodation and meals
- Medical (GP and Rehabilitation Medicine Consultants) and nursing care
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- Hydrotherapy (if appropriate)
- Speech and Language Therapy and Psychology Services as required
- Access to multiple group activities
- A 24-hour approach to rehabilitation through all care and support that is provided by our team of rehabilitation assistants and nurses
Arranging Respite Care
If you have any questions or would like further information about the packages available at STEPS, please contact us or call un on 0114 258 7769.