The Board are looking to appoint an interim Chief Executive for a period of up to six months to support and lead the team at STEPS during a period of growth. We are looking for an outstanding individual who possesses the right experience and will make a difference to our organisation.
The CEO will develop and implement a strategic plan and create an action-orientated and empowering culture by focusing on high standards of quality, client experience and safety, with efficient and effective use of resource, he/she will ensure sustainable services are provided to an exemplar standard.
The position will report and be accountable to the Chairman.
The Selection Process
- Submit your CV to email@example.com – No recruitment agencies please.
- A telephone call with the Chairman to review your CV and provide an overview of the role.
- The CEO briefing pack will be shared with you on completion of step 2.
- Informal visit to STEPS for tour and meet the senior management team.
- Formal interview with members of the Board.
- Applicant will be placed into the role as soon practicable.
Candidates will possess a combination of some or all of the following characteristics:
- A proven track record as a CEO of a commercial organisation.
- A proven track record of delivering as an interim in a short space of time.
- A clinical background and experience in senior management of a private healthcare organisation is essential.
- Exposure to government organisations, particularly the NHS is helpful, but not required.
- An understanding of the rehabilitation market would be advantageous but not essential.
- Possessing a challenging commercial outlook and be able to question the status quo in a constructive and objective manner.
- Have the ability to think and act strategically yet develop practical innovative and creative solutions.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, able communicator and negotiator.
- Problem solver, ability to be creative and a lateral thinker such that he/ she can find a way forward and through problems.
- Possessing natural stature and authority, a team player with a customer orientation.
- Good intellect, numerate and incisive mind.
- Must be energetic with drive, a self-starter with a strong results orientation – open style.
- High level of commitment to first-class standards of performance and professionalism.
- Strong team management skills, clear willingness to delegate and the ability to motivate and develop staff.