All our bedrooms are individually furnished with their own ensuite wet room and can be specifically adapted for different levels of independence. We have 18 individual bedrooms, 4 bedrooms as part of our transitional living unit and 1 independent/supported living apartment. Together, they enable us to provide the complete care pathway.
We offer 4 residential packages of care. We will identify which package best meets the individual’s needs at a pre-admission assessment which will be free of charge.
All care packages include:
- All costs associated with accommodation and meals
- Medical (GP and Rehabilitation Medicine Consultants) and nursing care
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- Hydrotherapy (if appropriate)
- Speech and Language Therapy and Psychology Services as required
- Access to multiple group activities
- A 24-hour approach to rehabilitation through all care and support that is provided by our team of rehabilitation assistants and nurses
Day rehabilitation details are also below.
Please email requesting our rate summary.
- Intensive rehabilitation 7 days a week
- Minimum of 20 individual sessions of therapy over a 7-day period
Suitable for clients requiring a period of intensive rehabilitation following, for example, traumatic brain injury, complex trauma, acute stroke and spinal injury
package 2 (including active respite)
- rehabilitation 7 days a week
- minimum of 12 individual sessions of therapy over a 7-day period
Suitable for clients requiring a less intensive programme or requiring a period of Active Respite following, for example, major surgery, a flare up of a chronic illness or oncology treatment.
Active Respite offers clients and carers a break from usual routines, whilst providing a therapeutic approach to daily living. Our team of therapists and nurses will complete assessments and work with you to ensure that the approach is maintained throughout all interventions to maximise independence during your stay. This can then be continued once you return to home.
- Intensive rehabilitation 6 days a week
- Minimum of 20 individual sessions of therapy Monday to Saturday
- Weekend leave (e.g. from Saturday lunchtime to Sunday evening)
This can be the best solution for individuals requiring intensive rehabilitation, whilst benefiting from weekends at home with their families/carers.
We are able to provide bespoke programs to suit any specific requirements and will consider all funding options on an individual basis.
STEPS will consider all clients requiring rehabilitation for neurological conditions, complex trauma, post amputation, post-surgery recovery and some degenerative conditions where active respite and/or a maintenance programme can be offered. Please call us to discuss whether STEPS can help to provide your rehabilitation.
Additional sessions of therapy are approximately 1 hour and can also be split into 2 shorter sessions if required where fatigue is a factor.
We also provide rehabilitation for day visitors who need therapy or require ongoing support as part of their transition home. We can provide part/whole day programmes or individual sessions to fit around any given routine. There will be a charge for assessments.
People attending for the day will have access to the same quality of support from our specialist team at STEPS who are equipped to provide complex care and a range of vocational and intensive therapies. For more information and a rate summary, please email our team.
additional charges across all programs:
- no charge is made for pathology, X-ray and other tests which are accessed via the local NHS Hospital. If an X-ray is required whilst at STEPS, this will be accessed via a private company and the cost will be invoiced to the individual who will also be liable for transport costs to the appointment
- prescription charges are applied to those not exempt under the NHS guidelines
- one to one nursing care if required
- specialist equipment provided for personal use e.g. walking aids, FES equipment, wheelchairs
- splinting and orthotics
- botulinum toxin injections
- additional medical consultations
- sundry items will be charged directly
- additional services can be arranged, e.g. hairdressing, dentistry, opticians and podiatry which will be billed directly