what is pain management?
We are committed to provide an active holistic approach to relieving chronic pain. Our approach includes medication, interventional procedures for diagnosis and treatment. We have a interdisciplinary team who provide state of the art Pain Management Programs (PMP). Our pain team specialists will analyse your individual condition and needs, and offer you an individually tailored pain management plan to reduce the pain, address the emotional impact of the pain, increase mobility and activity which should enhance your overall wellbeing.
how can our pain management experts help you take control of your pain?
If you’ve been taking painkillers for a long time, it’s likely they are no longer effective in managing your pain or are causing unwanted side effects. At your first consultation, your pain management consultant will go through every aspect of your problem and its effects on your daily life. From there, we can then prescribe a course of treatment or combination of treatments to help relieve your symptoms and take control of managing your pain.
what problems can we treat?
- back pain/sciatica
- neck pain
- joint pain
- shoulder pain – when surgery has failed to help or is not an option
- knee pain – when surgery has failed to help or is not an option
- muscle and soft tissue pain
- pain from nerve damage
- chronic post-operative pain
- worries about the use of pain medication
- pelvic pain – when gynaecological or surgical intervention has failed to help or is not an option
what treatments do we provide?
- Botulinum Toxin for migraine
- radiofrequency therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Pain Management Program (PMP)